Sunday 15 January 2012

First day at school

Alvar's started school. On the first day he was really upbeat and chatted the whole way to school, mostly about what Spiderman would do. Perhaps it's his way of making him feel bolder and more confident. He walked straight in, hardly any hesitatation and started exploring. So far so good, the teacher says he's confident and self reliant. It has been very difficult to let him go and we miss him loads when he's there. My mum told me that when my brother started school in the 60's one of the other mum's said it felt like having her heart ripped out, letting her son go off. At least they were seven years old. Not 4.5 years. Some things never change. I can't quite believe he is at school and I suppose it will always feel that way somehow. Like he's still only a small baby. He was a happy and cheerful baby and he's a happy and cheerful boy.



His Spiderman position




2 comments:

nutshell house said...

Lovely blog Lizzie. What an amazing Christmas you had. I hope your little one is still enjoying school. Joe loves school, he is such a busy bee. Woule like to write more but I have G wanting lunch.

Lizzie said...

Thanks for commenting, i would like to post more but it's such a hassle to get the photos downloaded from the camera. I need to work out a quicker way.