Thursday 18 August 2011

Real Butter

Clara is getting to that age where she will pull up a chair and get stuck in to whatever is happening. Especially butter. She will take a spoon and just eat it straight. I let her. up to a point.

We use Kerrygold butter as it's from grassfed cows and it doesn't contain any vegetable oil. Since I've read
Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon and Real Food by Nina Planck I'm totally converted to this way of eating. Basically the way everyone used to eat about 100 years ago. In the 30's a lot of food processing was introduced and with that came a lot of health problems that are now very common. It's about eating food that is as unprocessed as possible, for example dairy and beef from grassfed animals, good fats such coconut oil and olive oil and butter. After reading these books I just can't look at food in the same way again. Growing up on a farm it comes quite natural to me but somehow, re learning this as an adult has made my eyes wide open about food and cooking. Especially since I've had kids. I have yet to read Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston Price. This really is the bible of Real Food.











Clara is not afraid of getting up and about in order to explore. I believe after i took this photo, she put her hand in the toaster. Luckily, it was unplugged.



Quiet concentration....



No comments: